IntraFI-Keep large deposits FDIC insured
KeySavings Bank has partnered with IntraFi to provide cash management services which level the playing field with larger regional banks. By networking with thousands of community banks and connecting on a national scale, united by a localized purpose-it offers you local service standards with a nationally recognized entity.
Let KeySavings Bank introduce IntraFI
As a trusted partner chosen by more than 3,000 of the nation’s banks and other financial institutions, including most of the nation’s minority depository institutions. Intrafi has the nimbleness of a fintech startup with the scale and 20-year history of an established financial infrastructure provider.
Through IntraFi®, KeySavings Bank can offer safety-conscious clients multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on funds placed in checking and money markets through ICS® and Certificate of Deposits (CDs) through CDARS®
Option 1: How CDARS service helps you
With the CDARS® service, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC protection by working directly with KeySavings Bank.
- Rest assured. Know that deposits well into the millions are eligible for FDIC insurance protection.
- Earn interest. Put cash balances to work in CDs.
- Keep it simple. Avoid opening multiple accounts with multiple institutions to protect your funds. Forgo the need to use repo sweeps, track collateral on an ongoing basis, and manually consolidate statements and disbursements from multiple banks.
- Manage liquidity. Select from multiple terms to meet your liquidity needs.
- Support your community. Feel good knowing that the full amount of funds placed through CDARS can stay local to support lending opportunities that build a stronger community.When deposited funds are exchanged on a dollar-for-dollar basis with other institutions that use CDARS, our bank can use the full amount of a deposit placed through CDARS for local lending, satisfying some depositors’ local investment goals or mandates. Alternatively, with a depositor’s consent, our bank may choose to receive fee income instead of deposits from other participating institutions. Under these circumstances, deposited funds would not be available for local lending.
Option 2: Insured Cash Sweeps (ICS)
Through ICS (Insured Cash Sweep), you can access coverage through many institutions while working directly with just one, yours, and receive just one regular statement from your bank. And, because your bank won’t have to pledge collateral on an ongoing basis, it can release those funds for more profitable activities.
With access to FDIC insurance through a single bank relationship, government finance officers can forego ongoing collateral-tracking requirements. This saves you time and enables you to devote more resources to accomplishing other important goals that support their mission.
Would you like to access multi-million-dollar FDIC protection on your deposits and earn interest at the same time? Now you can—through ICS®, the IntraFi Cash ServiceSM.
- Rest assured. Make even large deposits eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government.
- Save time. Work directly with just our bank—a bank you know and trust. If you are accustomed to collateralization, reduce the need to track collateral on an ongoing basis.
- Earn interest. Put excess cash balances to work in interest-bearing savings accounts (money market deposit accounts).
How can deposits greater than the standard FDIC insurance maximum be eligible for insurance by the FDIC?
The FDIC insures up to $250,000 in a customer’s deposit accounts in a given insurable capacity at an FDIC-insured depository institution. When your funds are placed through ICS, they are divided into amounts under the standard FDIC maximum and placed with other institutions participating in IntraFi’s network—each an FDIC-insured institution. This makes your deposit eligible for FDIC insurance at each member bank. By working directly with our bank, you can access insurance through many. You do not pay a fee to use this service, and you receive just one consolidated, monthly account statement from us. (You can also see, online, where your funds are at all times.)
How often can I access my funds?
You can withdraw ICS funds up to six times per month.
How can I tell how many withdrawals I’ve made/have left in a given month?
As an ICS customer, you have access to the Depositor Control Panel, which shows how many withdrawals you have made from ICS funds placed in money market deposit accounts during a given month.
Who has custody of my funds?
Funds placed through ICS are deposited only in FDIC-insured institutions. We act as custodian for your ICS deposits, and BNY Mellon acts as subcustodian for the deposits.
Deposit placement through CDARS or ICS is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in applicable agreements. Although deposits are placed in increments that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”) at any one destination bank, a depositor’s balances at the institution that places deposits may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before settlement for deposits or after settlement for withdrawals) or be uninsured (if the placing institution is not an insured bank). The depositor must make any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law and must determine whether placement through CDARS or ICS satisfies any restrictions on its deposits. A list identifying IntraFi network banks appears at https://www.intrafi.com/network-banks. The depositor may exclude banks from eligibility to receive its funds. IntraFi and ICS are registered service marks, and the IntraFi hexagon and IntraFi logo are service marks, of IntraFi Network LLC.